WYG are looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals to assist our professional ecology team delivering field surveys during spring, summer and autumn 2020.
We cover a comprehensive range of habitat and protected species surveys including bats, reptiles, amphibians, otters, barn owls and a whole lot more. This is a great opportunity to develop consultancy skills, bolster your CV, earn extra money and gain experience as part of a professional team in the great outdoors.
- Have an understanding of the principles of ecological survey and mitigation work
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Be willing to work flexible hours including evenings and early mornings, often before dawn
- Be willing to travel for work
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Are willing to stay overnight away from home on occasion
- Are able to use their own car for work related travel and have a full UK driving licence
- Have previous experience of surveys for great crested newts, bats, reptiles and birds
- Have bat call identification skills
- Hold protected species survey licences
- Have experience of surveying for other species groups / habitats