We are looking to recruit Ecologists to assist in field work on an ad-hoc basis within our well established ecological team based in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Working alongside more experienced ecologists on protected species survey, you will gain valuable experience and training. The successful candidates will have a strong aptitude for hard work, excellent communication skills and be willing to develop their skills and abilities within this busy team.
In this exciting role you will assist with field surveys for protected species including great crested newt and bats, in line with best practice standards.
- Have some experience of practical ecological work, and some knowledge of UK ecology.
- Have a willingness to develop new skills.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Be adaptable and have a flexible approach to work, to meet demands at peak times. As the role is likely to involve occasional longer and / or unsociable hours, a willingness to undertake moderate (significant at times) travel to sites within the UK is essential.
- Experience of undertaking protected species surveys, particularly for great crested newts would be a distinct advantage.
This role is offered on a casual basis with work mainly limited to evenings and mornings, and generally excluding weekends.
You will be paid an attractive hourly rate for any hours worked plus expenses.
Applicants should apply including a full CV and covering letter to: