- Position: Ecologist with Level 2 Bat Licence
- Location: Woodbury Salterton (Exeter)
- Salary: £24,000 – £28,000 (dependent on experience)
- Type: Permanent
Richard Green Ecology is a nationally renowned and respected consultancy based in Devon. We undertake all aspects of ecological work, specialising in bats. We require an experienced consultant ecologist, with a Natural England Level 2 bat survey licence.
Richard Green Ecology Ltd was established in 2010. We are a friendly team, passionate about ecology and the environment, and delivering first-class work for clients. We have a diverse client base and workload, with opportunities for CPD and promotion.
We offer a competitive salary, flexible working hours and training opportunities. PPE and equipment are provided, and you will have use of a company vehicle or mileage allowance for use of your own car.
Become part of our team and you will be working alongside technical experts who take pride in the quality of service we offer at every stage of the project life cycle.
About the role
Principally working on and managing bat-related projects; from survey to report writing, licensing, mitigation, watching briefs and monitoring. Other work you will be expected to be involved with includes Phase 1/UK Habitats Classification surveys and other protected species surveys, including dormice, reptiles, GCN, etc.
Essential and Desirable Skills / Experience
- You must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in consultancy and hold a Natural England Level 2 bat survey licence. You should also have experience of report writing and undertaking ecological watching briefs/acting as ecological clerk of works.
- You should be educated to degree level in a relevant subject and be a full member of CIEEM or at least be eligible for full membership.
- You must be well organised and able to manage your own diary, as well as interact with the wider team’s diaries.
- Experience of other ecological topics, i.e., habitats and species surveys, is highly desirable, and you must want to learn and develop in other areas if experience is currently lacking.
- You should have good communication and interpersonal skills and be capable of leading survey teams, as well providing authoritative advice in a sensitive manner to clients.
- Whilst most of our work is local to the office, you may be required to work away from home, and you will be expected to work at night for bat surveys during the bat survey season (April-October).
- You will need a full driving licence and your own car, to use when a company vehicle is not available. Your car insurance must include business use.
Applications should be made via email, including your CV and a covering letter, explaining why you want to work for us and what you can bring to the team.
We do not accept CVs from third parties/agencies.
Application deadline: 17/12/2021
Expected start date: January/February 2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,000 – £28,000 per year
How to apply
Please email email@example.com.