Mott MacDonald have an expanding Ecology Team in the North of England, and we are recruiting an Ecologist to join us in either our Leeds or Sheffield offices.
The Northern Ecology Team delivers services covering a range of sectors including transportation, water, built infrastructure, defence, support to local authorities and regulators. Our work covers a huge variety of projects within a range of locations throughout northern England and there are also opportunities to assist on projects in the rest of the UK and occasionally internationally.
The role of Ecologist will be varied and will strike a balance between office based and site work. You will lead on a range of ecological surveys, managing field data and delivery of technical reports. You will also have the opportunity to expand your experience by working with our technical specialists and/or managing small-scale projects with the support of senior staff, depending on your interests.
Project dependent, the role can span all stages of a project’s life cycle, from design conception to implementation; giving opportunities to positively influence scheme design, enhancements and promote best practice. Although you will be a member of the Northern Ecology Team, you will also be connected to a much larger team of ecologists. There are excellent opportunities for you to progress your career through promotion, as well develop on a key role within our UK ecology team.
- Experience in the UK ecological consultancy market.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management or equivalent.
- Broad knowledge of terrestrial ecology.
- Personal protected species survey licences, or equivalent areas of additional specialisation (e.g. in ornithology, botany).
- Proficiency in a range of field survey techniques for protected species and habitats.
- Experience of undertaking Ecological Clerk of Works roles.
- Proficiency in report writing skills, displaying high standards with attention to detail and ability to write accurate and concise reports, such as ecological appraisals, survey reports, method statements.
- Experience in planning, assisting, and delivering baseline or species/habitat specific surveys to fulfil project requirements related to EIA, HRA etc
- Willingness to mentor more junior staff.
- Ability to travel to undertake fieldwork.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans etc.