Green Shoots Ecology are looking for a graduate or full or part time ecologist based in South-East/London Area and also freelance ecologists available to quote for doing PEA and PRA surveys for Green Shoots Ecology on a sub-contracted basis.
Graduate or part or full-time ecologist
Salary: £25,000 – £35,000 (dependent on experience and licences – Pro rata for part time)
Employment Type: Home-based with Site Visits. Time Off In Lieu (TOIL) Scheme, Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Budget
Would need to have good written and verbal communication skills with good attention to details. Also a positive and flexible attitude and be keen to learn.
- Conduct a variety of ecological surveys
- Prepare ecological reports
- Assist with report writing and collation of data
- Carry out ecological supervision works (Ecological Clerk of Works)
Beneficial to have:
- Degree in Ecology, Environmental Science, or a related field
- Some experience in conducting ecological surveys and/or producing reports
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail when carrying out complex report work and mapping.
- Keen to learn and hardworking, with flexible attitude.
- Proficiency in QGIS is beneficial
- Licenses or certifications in ecological surveying (e.g., bat survey license, great crested newt license) are desirable
- Membership of CIEEM or other relevant professional body is desirable.
- Salary in the range of £25,000 – £35,000, commensurate with experience and licenses
- Home-based working arrangement, with regular site visits
- Mileage reimbursement at 45p per mile for travel related to site visits
- Time Off In Lieu (TOIL) scheme to support a healthy work-life balance
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) budget to enhance your skills and knowledge
if you are an experienced freelance ecologist able to carry out and PEA and PRA surveys we are looking for ecologists to help out with these, rates payable are not specified, we would send details of sites and ask for your quotes for doing the surveys.
To apply for either of the above options, please send a CV and a cover email outlining your relevant experience and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as which option you are interested in. For more information send email to same address listing your queries.