BSG Ecology is seeking an ambitious and motivated ecologist.
Candidates will typically have 1-3 years of relevant post graduate experience.
Salary negotiable / dependant on experience
This is a great opportunity to join our experienced, friendly and innovative Newcastle team, and one of the largest independent ecological consultancies in the UK.
The office is located within the Live Theatre, on Newcastle’s historic Quayside which provides a vibrant working environment, along with excellent transport links.
You will have the chance to become involved in a variety of interesting, complex and high-profile projects for a wide-range of clients, and to develop your skills in all aspects of consultancy work through mentoring, a structured review process and training programme.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer benefits that include a flexible working policy, contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave and private healthcare amongst others.
What you can expect from us:
- A structured programme of training in all aspects of consultancy work
- Active mentoring and support from a senior staff member
- A range of interesting and varied field survey and office-based work
- A competitive salary and benefits package including a flexible working policy, contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave and private healthcare amongst others
- Opportunities to contribute to company research projects
- Clear personal development and business objectives and a structured annual review process
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrable enthusiasm for ecology and the environment
- An emerging technical specialism or good all-round field skills
- A desire to be challenged, and a proactive approach to learning and personal development
- Organisation, flexibility, motivation and a desire to deliver high standards of work
- A good BSc and preferably an MSc in a relevant subject
- A full driving licence
BSG Ecology was established in 1997, and is one of the largest independent ecological practices in the UK with a nationwide permanent staff of fifty, over six offices.
We were awarded the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management’s (CIEEM) Best Medium Consultancy of the Year for 2018-2019, and the CIEEM Tony Bradshaw award (for outstanding best practice) in 2019. These prestigious awards reflect our demonstrable track record on projects that deliver on biodiversity as well as commercially, our commitment to sharing learning and good practice, the structured professional development of our staff, and our promotion of high standards in the profession.
Our vision is to be the first choice ecology consultancy and to continue to build our success on rewarding and challenging work. Our focus is on helping our clients achieve their aims, as well as securing the best outcomes for the environment.
How to apply
Please send a CV along with a covering letter detailing why you are interested in the role to Jennifer Taylor [email protected] by 31st January 2020. Interviews will be held week commencing 3rd February 2020.