Based in Kendal Cumbria, on the edge of the Lake District National Park, SK Environmental Solutions Limited has a proven track record of providing environmental consultancy and research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sectors. We are recognised and respected in the environmental and rural industries.
SK Environmental Solutions Limited comprises a highly skilled team, focused on providing services to a wide range of clients, including urban and rural developers, utility companies, minerals operators, renewable energy providers and rural industries. As a result of our steady success we are growing our team and have opportunities for ecologists available.
Ecologist – Kendal, Cumbria
To deliver ecological consultancy and mitigation works in a fast moving, client focussed commercial environment. This will involve:
- Undertaking a wide range of ecological surveys, such as extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys and more specialist protected species surveys e.g. great crested newts, bats, badgers, otters etc;
- Carrying out desk studies, data consultations, research, data management and analysis, and report writing;
- Providing mitigation advice and producing ecological method statements for clients to work to;
- Providing on-site ecological Clerk-of-Works (ECoW) duties;
- Liaising with clients and statutory bodies;
- Inputting into ecological sections of Environmental Impact Assessments; and
- Supporting sales activities by assisting with drafting proposals and quotes.
Successful candidates will:
- Be able to undertake a wide range of ecological surveys which will involve ensuring that work is delivered on time and is delivered to the client’s satisfaction;
- Be capable of writing and producing concise ecological reports that are compliant with relevant legislation and meet the needs of the client, both in terms of satisfaction and client deadlines;
- Have experience of surveying for UK protected species;
- Be able to manage own time to ensure that work is delivered on time and to the required standards.
- Hold at least one Natural England survey licence (e.g. great crested newts or bats);
- Have experience of protected species licensing with the aim of being a named ecologist on a European Protected Species Licence; and
- Be able to help to achieve team and personal sales targets through building good client relationships, undertaking sales activities such as writing proposals, and assisting with tenders.
- A full, clean driving licence will be required;
- Access to a car;
- The ability to adapt to flexible hours;
- Be comfortable working away from home for short periods of time;
- Previous experience with ecological survey work; and
- Member of CIEEM.
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary (Dependant upon level of previous experience etc);
- One to one mentoring with senior ecologist;
- Contributory Pension Scheme;
- A flexible and generous annual leave; and
- Training and career development.
SK Environmental Solutions Limited prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career within a dynamic working environment. We encourage Continuous Professional Development and allow employees opportunity for impact and freedom for initiative, in order to reach their full potential.
All candidates applying for positions with SK Environmental Solutions must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com or posted to SK Environmental Solutions Limited, 32 Lowther Street, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 4DH.