Wood is seeking enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to join our highly experienced and friendly ecology team on a six – month contract in various locations across the UK for the upcoming season. Locations include, Leamington Spa, Knutsford and Shrewsbury.
This is an ideal opportunity for recent graduates or junior ecologists to obtain valuable industry experience within a global, multi – disciplinary company. This role will provide an excellent first step on the consultancy ladder for the perfect candidate who wishes to progress with a career in ecology.
- Requisition ID: 2021-84416
- Work Location: GB-Shropshire-Shrewsbury
- Department / Discipline: Environmental
- Additional Work Location: GB-Warwickshire-Leamington Spa
- Position Type: Fixed Term
- Additional Work Locations: GB-Warwickshire-Leamington Spa | GB-Cheshire-Knutsford
Our long established but still growing team prides itself on technical excellence, providing high quality ecological services on complex projects in a variety of sectors including transport, renewables, nuclear, other power, waste, minerals, and property. Throughout the candidate’s time at Wood there will be unique opportunities to learn and progress their career, with the potential to extend the temporary 6 – month contract to a permanent position for the right candidate. The candidate will be paired with a mentor within the ecology team who will provide advice and support throughout the contract period. This provides a unique opportunity draw on and learn from a wealth of experience within the team with options to focus on a particular area of interest.
You will work closely with other ecology team members and with colleagues in other technical disciplines to help deliver surveys to a high standard for clients. You will undertake a broad range of ecological survey work across our diverse project portfolio, with opportunities to act as lead surveyor and assist with technical report writing. The role will include:
- Assisting with ecological surveys including bat, great crested newt, and reptile surveys.
- Collating and reviewing ecological information for desk studies.
- Potential to assist with data management, the production of reports and mapping.
Throughout the candidate’s time at Wood there will be unique opportunities to learn and progress their career, with the potential to extend the temporary 6 – month contract to a permanent position. The candidate will be paired with a mentor within the ecology team who will provide advice and support throughout the contract period.
Skills / Qualifications
- Willingness and eagerness to learn about ecology and wildlife legislation
- Ability to work well within a team
- Strong work ethic with an aptitude to show initiative
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Reliability, flexibility, and a willingness to work unsociable hours and work away from home if required
- An ecology or related degree
- Clean, full U.K. driver’s licence
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.