IKM Consulting Ltd is a multi-disciplinary consultancy providing a wide range of services across the UK and beyond, with its Head Office in Grangemouth. IKM’s main focus is to deliver solutions and managing risk within the infrastructure, industrial and commercial sectors in the UK and overseas. IKM Consulting is proud of its close relationship with its clients and its portfolio of high-profile projects.
Due to our continued growth we are looking for an Ecologist who has a track record in ecology, nature, conservation and biodiversity. This position provides an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to further their career and gain more experience in these specialist markets in a highly motivated and inspirational environment. IKM Consulting is a family-friendly company, is Investors in People and Investors in Young People accredited and is committed to continuous professional development.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in an exciting and challenging environment where new and unusual projects are the norm. A competitive remuneration package reflects the responsibility and level of commitment required.
General responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Undertaking desk studies and data consultation / management.
- Understanding and production of Risk Assessments and Ecological Survey Method Statements.
- Assisting and leading in ecological surveys and assessments.
- Inputting in the production of high-quality ecological reports and working method statements.
- Undertaking works as Ecological Clerk of Works, including delivery of relevant toolbox talks.
- Assisting with protected species licence applications.
- Managing tasks and small / medium projects support where required.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Degree in Ecology or related subject
- At least 2 years previous experience in environmental consultancy or ecology related work
- The candidate should have knowledge and experience of protected species surveys (including bat surveys), Phase 1 habitat survey
- A full UK driving licence is essential
- A willingness to periodically work away from home and undertake overnight or out of hours work
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Be a member of a relevant professional institution e.g. CIEEM
- Protected species licences (including bats)
- GIS experience
- Rail network experience.
IKM is an Investors in People business and is committed to continuous professional development. It offers:-
- Competitive salary
- Starting with 30 days paid holiday inclusive of national and public holidays, increasing with continuous service
- Flexible benefits package including option to buy additional holidays, private health care, life assurance and cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Professional fees paid
IKM Consulting Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter (both of these are mandatory to be considered for the position) with details of your current remuneration to:-
IKM Consulting Ltd, Park House, 39 Bo’ness Road, Grangemouth FK3 8AN or email to email@example.com.