- Degree in ecology/ biology or directly related subject (minimum of 2.1)
- Experience in undertaking extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys
- Experience in preparation and writing Preliminary Ecological Appraisals (PEA) and Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA) reports in accordance with CIEEM Guidelines
- Experience of obtaining a variety of protected species licenses and liaising with regulatory bodies to negotiate and obtain consents
- Hold at least one protected species survey licence
- Relevant experience connected with major infrastructure schemes
- Relevant consultancy experience
- Strong report writing skills, attention to detail and ability to write concise reports
- Experience in planning, assisting and delivering surveys to fulfill project requirements related to EcIA, HRA etc.
- Full, clean driving license and willingness to travel and undertake fieldwork in the UK and internationally
- Knowledge of wildlife legislation, including the planning process and EIA assessments
- Ability to work independently, take the initiative, make robust, defensible decisions and work to tight deadlines to meet client needs
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Experience in bat sound analysis software would be advantageous
- Basic GIS skills
- CIEEM Membership
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest-free season ticket loans etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.