We play a key role in the rail industry, providing a whole manner of off-track solutions, and minor civils works, in partnership with Network Rail and other major contractors.
We are also a leading Arboriculture and Forestry Contractor, with well over a decade of experience and expertise in the forestry sector. We have forged a strong industry reputation and we believe we have an unrivalled skill set and peerless knowledge of forestry work at all levels.
Purpose of the role:
We have seen recent significant growth and we are proud to be a Principal Contractor and Framework Contractor to Network Rail, as well as having some exciting projects underway in woodland management, timber harvesting, rail and civils works across the country. We are seeking skilled and experienced colleagues in a range of disciplines to support our growth and help us provide a service that is second to none.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide support and guidance in aspects of ecological conservation.
* Have an awareness and understanding of habitat management and wildlife legislations.
* Undertake ecological surveying and logistics planning at a variety of sites, as required.
* Produce Preliminary Ecological Assessments (PEAs).
* Assist with Ecological Impact Assessments (ECIAs) and Habitat Regulations Assessments (HRAs) and feedback findings.
* Assist/lead on protected species surveys and reports, depending on experience/survey licenses, and feedback findings.
* Assist with/undertake ecological data collation, analysis, monitoring and reporting.
* Assist with/lead on protected species/habitat mitigation measures, depending on experience and survey licenses. Support/lead on implementation, monitoring and evaluation of measures as agreed, providing periodic updates.
* Support the professional development of junior ecologists within the team.
* Provide regular updates to colleagues and the Environment Manager, keeping them informed of works and progress.
* Observe and follow all applicable safe methods of working, and health, safety and environmental rules/procedures. Report any incidents or Close Calls immediately to the appropriate person.
* Undertake training as required by your manager or the Company.
* Adhere to Company Policies and Procedures.
* Be an ambassador, upholding and reflecting the ethos and values of the Company.
* Work in accordance with our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy.
* Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required by the Company.
* Work flexibly and be receptive and adaptable to a changing environment within a growing Company.
* Degree in Environment/Ecology-related subject or equivalent experience
* Associate Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM), or working towards.
* Recent experience in a similar role.
* Experience of working on projects including a variety of protected species/habitats. Working towards survey class licenses for protected species.
* Knowledge of relevant wildlife legislation.
* Good report-writing skills and experience in producing reports.
* Good organisational and prioritisation skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* A good understanding and application of health, safety and environment practices.
* Flexibility in your approach to work and problem-solving skills.
* Physically fit and able and willing to work in inclement weather.
* Self-motivated and a team player.
* Full UK driving licence.
* Experience in the rail industry.
* Experience in working on infrastructure projects.
* Experience of GIS
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.