Do you want to:
- Further develop your track record in ecology?
- Help make a difference by better understanding and evidencing the state of our environment?
- Work in an entrepreneurial, growing company and help it grow faster?
We want you to have some or all of the following:
- Demonstrable experience of field ecology with specific expertise in bat surveying
- Graduate or postgraduate in ecology, environmental management or related subject
- A desire to use your bat skills (preference will go to an ecologist with a bat licence) together with your general ecology skills
- Produce high quality reports and advise clients and other technical teams
- Develop a wider understanding of ecosystem services
- Collaborate with the Ecology team
If so, Environment Systems would like to hear from you! A highly motivated mid-career ecologist, who is seeking to grow their track record, manage their own workload and develop their standing and business opportunities as a consultant ecologist. You will need to be passionate about the natural environment and sustainability with a view to problem solving and negotiating to get the best for biodiversity.
Work will include bat surveys. Other surveys may include, but not be limited to, Phase 1 Habitat survey, great crested newt survey, bird surveys and dormouse survey. An understanding of Environmental Impact Assessment and Ecological Impact Assessment will be beneficial as there will be a requirement for timely advice into survey recommendations, design, data analysis and providing advice to clients, colleagues and consultees.
The post is permanent and you will need to be based in Wales. The post will require travel across Wales and possibly the UK. Competitive salary package to be negotiated on the basis of qualifications and experience, and will form part of a benefits package, including: pension contribution; 20 days annual leave allowance (plus bank holidays); paid sick leave, death in service benefit.
Application is by short (2 page maximum) CV and covering letter by Email. The covering letter should outline the reasons why you consider yourself to be suitable for this position and give concise examples on how your experience qualifies you for this role. Please include current salary details.
You are only eligible to apply for this position if you currently have a right to work in the UK.