With over 75 years’ experience, ADAS has an amazing track record of providing environmental consultancy and research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sector. We are a recognised and highly respected leader in the environmental and rural sectors.
ADAS has recently been acquired by the RSK Group Ltd which is one of Europe’s leading multidisciplinary environmental consultancies and is ranked number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
Our Ecology business comprises a highly skilled team focused on providing services to a wide range of clients, particularly developers, utility companies and the renewable energy and rural industries, and as a result of our success in this area, we have a vacancy for an Ecological Consultant. The successful candidate will join a team of Ecology professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines, such as Planning, Landscape and Archaeology.
Location: Kent or Sussex (Home Based)
Salary: Competitive Salary
To deliver ecological consultancy and mitigation works in a fast moving, client focussed commercial environment. This will involve:
- Undertaking a wide range of ecological surveys including Extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys, protected species surveys and mitigation.
- Carrying out desk studies, consultations, research, data management and analysis, and report writing.
- Liaising with clients and statutory bodies.
- Gaining experience of protected species licensing with the aim of being a named ecologist on a European Protected Species Licence.
- Producing Ecological Impact Assessments.
- Inputting into ecological sections of Environmental Impact Assessments.
- Supporting sales activities by assisting with drafting proposals and quotes.
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience of undertaking Extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys and producing Preliminary Ecological Appraisals.
- Experience of undertaking a range of protected species surveys.
- Have written and produced concise ecological reports that are compliant with relevant legislation and meet the needs of the client, both in terms of satisfaction and client deadlines.
- Experience with European Protected Species survey work.
- Hold at least one Natural England survey licence (or be working towards one).
- Be able to manage own time to ensure that work is delivered on time and to the required standards.
- Have sales experience and be able to help achieve team and personal sales targets through building good client relationships, undertaking sales activities such as writing proposals, and assisting with tenders.
- A full driving licence will be required as will the need for flexible working with regard to type of work, timing and location.
- Membership of CIEEM.
Ideal but not essential
- PTS qualified.
- Level 1 or 2 bat licence.
- Client management experience.
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
- Regular training and career development
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that’s consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2017) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
The closing dates for applications is 9 am on Friday 31st January 2020.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer