Ecosulis are the UK’s most experienced ecological consultancy and contractor, with over 25 years in the industry. We are currently seeking to employ a full time experienced Ecological Consultant in Bath. Candidates will be selected according to their experience and attitude towards development, planning and conservation. The successful candidate will be working as integral member of the team, to delivery high quality work.
Based from our head office in Bath, you will be required to manage a range of various projects, predominately scoping and undertaking ecological surveys, and informing development design for planning applications. This is an exciting opportunity to manage a range of projects, including large scale species translocation projects as well as works to inform complex planning applications and development schemes.
The job will require travelling to various sites and undertake surveys throughout the week. There may occasionally be night time work during busy periods, especially over the summer months. We offer training opportunities and options for career progression, as well as opportunities within our other departments including our habitats creation team.
You will have:
- An ambitious and forward thinking outlook with recent experience in the consultancy sector.
- At least one European Protected Species licence, preferably either bats or great crested newt.
- Associate/Full membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management or have the experience and qualifications to gain such membership.
- Experience of report writing and project management, and client liaison.
- Thorough understanding of UK legislation, planning policy and best practice.
- Able to lead and co-ordinate surveys.
- Be dynamic and proactive, able to use own initiative when appropriate.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Clean driving license and own transport essential.
- Have a minimum of 4 years’ relevant work experience.
Start date: ASAP
Ecosulis is an equal opportunities employer.