EnviroCentre is a leading Environmental Consultancy with over 20 years’ experience of successfully helping clients achieve their development and regeneration ambitions. We are a trusted advisor to clients across a broad range of sectors, including renewables, energy networks, ports and harbours, minerals, residential and commercial.
As a result of our success and sustained growth, we have recognised the need for a talented individual to work and develop within our ecology team on a range of environmental projects. This is a 12 month placement, with the potential to develop into a permanent role.
We offer a range of interesting project work, competitive salary package and support to extend your skills and experience through appropriate training and development as well as a range of additional benefits.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering onsite environmental and ecological auditing and an advisory role mainly on infrastructure projects across Scotland, summarised in the following points:
- Field work and review of baseline data;
- Compilation of regular site reports, draft Habitats Regulations Appraisals, Environmental Management Plans and Species Protection Plans for specific tasks;
- Delivery of toolbox talks and onsite guidance to contractors;
- Attendance and ability to present information at meetings;
- Work in conjunction with project stakeholders to achieve project aims whilst encouraging a high level of environmental protection;
- The use of Microsoft Word and Excel, digital photography and infield technology (tablet/tough book) to produce electronic outputs;
- Operate in a variety of environments such as remote areas or operational construction sites;
- The delivery of the ECoW role for long and short term projects which may require some working away from home between Monday-Friday; and
- Supporting office management and administrative tasks.
Salary: Excellent remuneration commensurate with experience
Experience: 3+ years
Your skills and experience will include:
- At least three years’ proven Environmental/Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) experience;
- Under/postgraduate degree in Ecology, Environmental Management or a related discipline;
- Experience of working under (preferably) Scottish (or UK) legislation;
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) and/or of the Association of Environmental and Ecological Clerks of Works (AEECoW);
- Capable in Phase 1 Habitat and protected species surveying (incl. bats, badger, otter, water vole etc.);
- Capable in other relevant ECoW competences, available here: https://cieem.net/resource/competency-framework/
- A good understanding of standard guidance for pollution prevention;
- An understanding of current environmental legislation, policy trends and ecological guidance;
- A current CSCS card or equivalent;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- The ability to work well under pressure and undertake several tasks simultaneously;
- At least one protected species licence is desirable but not essential;
- Work effectively as part of a team or on your own in the outdoor environment;
- Comfortable working away from home and outside office hours as necessary;
- Good time management and record keeping;
- A full UK driver’s licence; and
- The ability to operate a 4×4 vehicle safely is desirable.
To apply, please complete an application form and submit with your CV, a copy of a recent report and your covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every application received is important to us and will be reviewed by the relevant technical lead in relation to the post advertised. We aim to acknowledge and respond to all applications received for all advertised vacancies.
We wish you every success in your application.