ADAS, part of RSK Group, is seeking Consultant / senior / Principal Ecologists to join our team on a full time, permanent basis. This role will be hybrid, with travel to our Wolverhampton office.
We support our employees’ development and give them the tools they need to steer their own careers, that’s why when you join ADAS, a mentor works with you to create and achieve your goals. Working on your own projects will provide you the opportunity to manage your workload and since most projects are local, extended travel is not frequent.
We also want to guarantee that you have a good work-life balance with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities and community involvement projects to achieve this. If you are looking to work as part of a friendly, flexible, and committed team and can bring us your talent as well as a proactive, can-do attitude, now is an excellent time to join ADAS!
- Undertake baseline habitat surveys, assessments and reports
- Work alone and with our existing ecologists in the wider region to ensure quality projects are delivered on time for our clients
- Talk to our clients to ensure quality delivery of projects to deadlines
- Write technical reports ready for review by your colleagues, such as ecological constraints reports, Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, Ecological Impact Assessments, and protected species reports
- Support the team with business development and project management
- To ensure maximum flexibility and to reflect the Company’s evolving needs, you may be asked to perform additional tasks that may be reasonably expected within your level of capability without additional remuneration
- A full UK driving licence with access to your own vehicle and commutable to our office
- Graduate level education in a relevant subject
- Previous ecology-related experience
- Good working knowledge and experience of ecology, legislation, and survey techniques, including protected species surveys and mitigation
- Excellent written communication skills and be able to produce accurate technical reports to a professional standard
- Project management experience, with the desire to grow your skills in this area
- A pro-active attitude to managing your own time, finding solutions and ensuring that work is delivered on time and to the required standards
- CIEEM membership
- Experience of Biodiversity Net Gain assessment and UKHABs
- Strong botanical skills (e.g., NVC, Condition Assessments)
- One protected species licence (e.g., Great Crested Newt or Bats)
- Hold or working towards a protected species survey licence (e.g., Great Crested Newt, Hazel Dormice or Bats) (desirable)
Salary and Benefits
- Up to £45,000 per annum, depending on skills, experience and level applied for
- Life assurance
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, health cash plan and discounted gym membership
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
More detailed job description attached.
#Ecology #environmentaljobs #EnvironmentalScience
RSK will not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies other than RSK PSL or Secondary agencies.
Working alongside landowners, farmers, and growers since 1946, we have been providing ideas, specialist knowledge, and solutions to secure our food and enhance the environment for over 75 years.
Our aim is to help address the challenges and opportunities faced by organisations working in food production and the natural environment, and we continue to thrive by attracting innovative thinkers into our workforce.
We currently have over 400 employees delivering solutions in 60 specialist subjects, making us the UK’s largest independent provider of agricultural and environmental consultancy, rural development services, research and development, and policy advice. Whether you want to work on national or international projects, we can provide a varied career in a wide array of industries and public sector services.
ADAS is part of the RSK Group, a leading integrated environmental, engineering, and technical services business providing dynamic, multidisciplinary services to a wide range of sectors. RSK was founded in 1989 and has grown considerably since then. In fact, Environment Analyst recently highlighted RSK’s growth commenting, “Few companies in the environmental services sector can claim to be expanding at the same pace as RSK.”
RSK operates as a group of synergistic businesses with a growth strategy centred on diversification to build a resilient business that can withstand external pressures while also bringing more value to clients and opportunities to employees.
An RSK Company