Ecus has an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Ecologist to join our growing North West team, based in Didsbury, Manchester.
We have been providing environmental consultancy services for over 30 years and have a reputation for technical excellence, staff development and a great working environment. The company has grown significantly in recent years with over 80 employees located across five UK offices and further exciting growth projected for the business.
We are seeking a dynamic individual with strong consultancy experience who is looking to progress a career within an ambitious environmental consultancy.
Salary: c£24,000 – £36,000 (Dependent on Experience)
Application Deadline: 30/04/2020
As a Senior Ecologist, you will play a pivotal role in the delivery of a diverse range of ecological projects across the region. Your duties will include:
- Carrying out extended Phase 1 habitat surveys
- Carrying out and leading protected species surveys
- Acting as Ecological Clerk of Works, including delivering contractor toolbox talks
- Mitigation design and implementation
- Producing high quality ecological reports and reviewing reports as part of Ecus’ internal QA process
- Undertaking ecological assessments and EIA
- Preparing fee quotes and tenders
- Managing projects from inception to completion
- Maintaining client relationships
Essential Skills & Experience
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject
- Full member (or eligible) of CIEEM
- At least 4 years’ experience of working within an ecological consultancy or similar background
- Protected species licence holder
- Experienced at undertaking a variety of ecological / protected species surveys
- The ability to produce accurate, high quality ecological appraisal reports
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience of / named ecologist on mitigation licences
- Experience of EIA
- Flexibility to work away from home and during antisocial hours as / when required
- Full driving licence
- Experience of large infrastructure projects, specifically rail work (including PTS trained)
On a personal level, we are looking for an enthusiastic and confident individual with strong communication skills and the ability to fit into our friendly, lively, hardworking and ambitious team.
Salary & Benefits
Offering £24,000 – £36,000 (dependent on experience).
As well as our generous benefits package, we are committed to assisting the professional and personal development of our team and have been awarded Investors in People status.
Applications should be made via email including CV and covering letter.
If you would like further information regarding this opportunity or have any question feel free to contact us on: [email protected]
-STRICTLY NO AGENCIES-
We do not accept CVs from third parties / agencies, and any applications received will be treated as the property of Ecus Ltd. We will not be liable for any fees related to unsolicited CVs received.