Devon Wildlife Trust is a successful and dynamic charity with a commercial arm, which includes Devon Wildlife Consultants (DWC). DWC are looking for a Consultant Ecologist with a positive outlook to join our friendly and close-knit commercial consultancy team.
Closing date: Monday 5 April 2021
Salary: £24,224pa plus 5% pension
Contract type: Permanent
Working hours: Full time
Location: Devon Wildlife Consultants, Unit 2, Aldens Business Court, Chudleigh Road, Exeter, EX2 8TS
Due to the smaller size of the consultancy, the person will need to be able to undertake a range of work relating to all aspects of ecological consultancy.
The Consultant Ecologist will be expected to:
- Undertake protected species surveys and Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, primarily within Devon but occasionally further afield
- Provide advice to landowners and clients on habitat creation, restoration and land management projects
- Undertake botanical surveys and monitoring such as National Vegetation Classification (NVC)
- Undertake a range of practical tasks associated with mitigation works
- Manage and deliver a range of projects simultaneously
- Lead on developing QGIS mapping and functions
We are looking for:
- A degree or similar qualification in an environmental related subject
- Botanical identification skills
- A minimum of two years experience within an ecological consultancy or similar
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a small team
- Membership of CIEEM
- A full driving license and access to a vehicle
We can offer you good terms and conditions, flexible working arrangements and a great office environment. The successful candidate will be joining a team of committed, hardworking and friendly colleagues. This is a great opportunity to take the next step in your career within a leading Devon charity.
DWT’s offices are currently operating special arrangements as part of the current public health guidance on social distancing, therefore it is likely that you will be required to work from home initially.
For further information and to apply for the post please download the recruitment documents and Application Form below. If you have any further questions please email email@example.com or telephone 01392 279244