As one of the world’s leading engineering, environmental and design consultancies Atkins offers opportunities for talented ecologists to work on a wide variety of projects.
Our clients, both in the UK and worldwide, include national and local governments, leading developers, transport, energy and water providers and international funding agencies.
We combine the highest technical standards with a pragmatic approach to help meet the balance between wildlife conservation and progress, ensuring that our clients and biodiversity benefit from our solutions.
We are currently looking to expand our team and are interested in meeting with experienced senior/principal ecologists with a consultancy background.
With the growth of our Practice in the North region, we are looking for people to be based in our York office.
• Must have a degree in a relevant discipline;
• Must have full membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM);
• Must be working towards either CEnv or CEco.
• Proven experience as an Ecologist or Senior Ecologist in a similar (i.e. consultancy) role;
• A good understanding of the role of consultants within the commercial sector;
• Experience of Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA);
• Phase 1 habitat survey and protected species survey capability, ideally with an area of specialisation;
• Demonstrate exceptional written communications skills and have experience in writing technical reports and proposals.
• Experience of Habitat Regulation Assessment (HRA) is desirable;
• Good botanical skills are desirable;
• A roost visitor/handling licence for bats is desirable;
• Experience of new and potentially innovative survey techniques and equipment/applications is desirable;
• Experience of protected species development licence applications and implementation of mitigation on site is desirable.
• Must demonstrate integrity, commitment and conscientiousness;
• Must demonstrate a collaborative and pro-active approach to work with team members and other Atkins business units;
• Exceptional planning and organisational skills;
• Can demonstrate innovation and strong drive to succeed;
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package
To see what our Ecology team get up to and what it is like to work #InsideAtkins click here: https://careers.atkinsglobal.com/ecology-jobs
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.