Crestwood Environmental Ltd. is a well-established multi-disciplinary company providing environmental planning and associated expertise (including EIA, landscape architecture, ecology, archaeology, geo-environmental, arboriculture and environmental consultancy) to a wide variety of sectors and clients.
Renoir Group (a successful multifaceted company with expertise in business management and with access to clients around the world) is working closely with Crestwood Environmental Ltd. to facilitate the Company’s ambitious growth targets. Accordingly, a fantastic opportunity is now available for an experienced Ecology Professional with similar levels of ambition to the Company to develop both the team and this area of the business, working closely with the other Senior Executives.
Together with a strong and ever-increasing client base, impressive work stream, a great team of dedicated, professional (multi-disciplinary) staff, collaboration on developing areas of ecology (e.g. environmental lighting), and access to in-house e-DNA laboratory function and GIS technicians, all the ingredients are there for the right person to lead the successful expansion of the ecology consultancy function at an extremely exciting time for the Company.
The role will suit an ecology professional who is looking to progress their career along a long-term rewarding path, in areas of technical expertise, team leadership, management and business development, and who is at or above Principal or Associate Director level. Full commercial, technical and management development support will be provided.
Flexibility on location is available, but regular access to Wolverhampton and Leeds would be required. The role will be part site-based, and part office-based, and will involve the development of the technical capabilities of the team, maintenance of client relationships, project and budget management, and representation of the Company (e.g. at conferences).
In return the Company can offer:
- A competitive and flexible remuneration package commensurate with the position (including permutation
- options of pension, mobile phone, laptop, company vehicle and performance-related bonus scheme);
- A commitment to facilitating a Personal Development Plan through training etc.;
- Payment of key professional subscription fees;
- A fair TOIL and flexible leave arrangement; and
- Transitional organisational support (e.g. for relocation), if appropriate.
The successful candidate would be able to demonstrate suitability in relation to a number of areas, including:
- Communication, organisational, management and IT skills;
Commercial awareness and good client-consultant relationship management;
- Over 10 years’ of relevant experience; Level of professional institution membership (e.g. MCIEEM, Chartered Ecologist);
- Phase 1 Habitat and Protected Species Surveys;
- PEAR and EcIA production;
- Protected species survey licences (particularly bats and great crested newt);
- Previous EPS Licence holder (GCN or Bats), mitigation scheme and development licence applications;
- Expert witness experience; and
- Report-writing and technical proofing skills.
Salary up to £55k
As the role requires working on projects around the UK, a full UK driving licence and ability and willingness to drive to project locations around the UK, sometimes with overnight stays, will be required.
If you would like to apply for the above position please contact (in absolute confidence) Alyson Tunney ([email protected]) and Alyson will send you an application form to complete.
To find out more about this role, or for an informal chat, please call Karl Jones on 01902 229 563, quoting the above job vacancy position.