ADAS is seeking an Associate Director to join our Ecology team on a full time or part time (3 days per week) permanent basis. Location is flexible and this is a mixed home and office based role. Applicants must be commutable to one of our offices including Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Leeds, Oxford, Wigan and Wolverhampton.
Now is an excellent time to join ADAS if you want to work as part of a friendly, flexible and committed team where you can bring us your individual talent and a pro-active, can do attitude.
ADAS has over 75 years of experience within the consultancy and research sectors. We have a nationwide ecology team of approachable, skilled and knowledgeable people. We work on a variety of big and small projects from development, utilities, renewable energy and rural industries.
- Working together with our existing Associate Directors and Directors to ensure high-quality service is delivered to our clients
- Completing, overseeing, and supporting bids and tenders across the wider national team
- Business development, client liaison and establishing new clients
- Growing, leading, and developing teams and supporting and training junior staff on protected species licencing
- Technical ecological support including writing and holding EPS mitigation licences
- Writing of technical reports including but not limited to, Ecological Impact Assessments, Ecology Chapters for Environmental Statements, Mitigation Strategies and Biodiversity Management Plans, Habitat Regulations Assessments Screening reports and protected species reports
- Representing the wider environment team at networking events, delivering internal and external presentations, speaking at events
- Recent and in-depth experience of working in the environment and ecology sector
- Full CIEEM membership or above
- Experience in business development including bid support
- Hold individual and class protected species licences (particularly Hazel Dormouse)
- An in-depth knowledge of ecology, legislation and survey techniques and Net Gain calculations
- Excellent written communication skills and be able to produce and review accurate technical reports and tenders
- A full driving licence, access to your own vehicle and be commutable to one of our offices
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Life assurance
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, health cash plan and discounted gym membership
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
More detailed job description attached
Working alongside landowners, farmers, and growers since 1946, we have been providing ideas, specialist knowledge, and solutions to secure our food and enhance the environment for over 75 years.
Our aim is to help address the challenges and opportunities faced by organisations working in food production and the natural environment, and we continue to thrive by attracting innovative thinkers into our workforce.
We currently have over 400 employees delivering solutions in 60 specialist subjects, making us the UK’s largest independent provider of agricultural and environmental consultancy, rural development services, research and development, and policy advice. Whether you want to work on national or international projects, we can provide a varied career in a wide array of industries and public sector services.
ADAS is part of the RSK Group, a leading integrated environmental, engineering, and technical services business providing dynamic, multidisciplinary services to a wide range of sectors. RSK was founded in 1989 and has grown considerably since then. In fact, Environment Analyst recently highlighted RSK’s growth commenting, “Few companies in the environmental services sector can claim to be expanding at the same pace as RSK.” Today, RSK Group consists of over 120 businesses and employs over 7,000 specialists. The group is headquartered in the United Kingdom and has an established presence in more than 40 countries around the world.
An RSK Company
- Life Assurance
- Annual Leave Purchase
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Mental Health Support
- Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme