We invite you to bring your ecological skills and experience into play as you undertake ecological surveys and produce high quality reports including habitat and species surveys. on a range of interesting and innovative projects. To succeed in this role, you must have an appropriate BSc or equivalent qualification and be a Member of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management, or be eligible to qualify for membership at the appropriate grade. Are you our new Assistant or Consultant Ecologist? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Seniority Level: Entry level
Industry: Environmental Services, Renewables & Environment
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Consulting, Engineering
Inviting bright minds
We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Ecosystem Solutions
As our new Assistant or Consultant Ecologist you will be part of our Environment and Health division, working on transport infrastructure and a range of other development projects. Project work will be varied, covering a broad range of ecology services. The role will involve the provision of ecological surveys and reporting, ecological mitigation design and ecology support during the planning and construction phases on development projects any other related tasks. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and expanding team delivering on key projects and to further develop a variety of skills and build a successful career within the environmental consultancy sector.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be
- Undertaking ecological surveys and contributing to or producing high quality reports including habitat and species surveys, habitat/ecology management plans and reports suitable to discharge reserved matters;
- Undertaking ecological mitigation design and overseeing delivery (e.g. Ecological Clerk of Works)
- Liaising with ecological regulators and planning authorities (Consultant grade) or providing information to assist with this
- Liaising with clients (Consultant grade), partner organizations and sub-consultants concerning all areas relevant to our projects or assisting more senior members of the ecology team with this work
- Delivering technical work on complex projects
- Carrying out such additional duties as may reasonably be required
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is
- Proficient user of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook (and ideally ArcGIS or QGIS)
- Experience of field work and survey techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English
- Capable of producing clear and concise written documents
- Highly organized and able to work efficiently and effectively to deadlines on designated tasks
- Ideally hold one or more protected species survey license
- Full clean UK driving license
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include Ability to use initiative and think innovatively; Good team worker; Demonstrate attention to detail and a high level of accuracy; Self-motivated, reliable and dedicated individual; Commitment to developing a range of ecological skills; Interest in the sustainability agenda and environmental developments in the industry.
Welcome to our Environment & Health division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase livability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
Ramboll in the United Kingdom
Ramboll is ranked a Top 10 consultant in the UK and has 1,300 bright minds working across 17 offices to apply their passion to deliver innovative solutions across Buildings, Transport, Environment & Health and Energy. We love seeing our talents develop and succeed and you will have opportunities to work on challenging and inspiring projects within an environment that is friendly, open and supportive.
How To Apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.