The Planning & Environment department within Natural Power is made up of a diverse range of ecologists, hydrologists and planners with considerable technical experience and expertise. The team consists of forward thinking, collaborative, open and experienced environmental consultants who have provided hydrological, geo-environmental and environmental management services to the renewable energy, grid and infrastructure industries. The appointed individual will be a member of a dynamic and professional team that strives to deliver the highest possible standard in services, whilst also providing a relaxed working environment and opportunities for flexible working.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Support senior staff on environmental issues in relation to renewables, grid and infrastructure projects, during all project phases
- Support on the delivery of projects carrying out a combination of field and office based duties. Frequent travel is a requirement of the role due to the range and location of projects
- Field duties will include, but not limited to, the collection of water quality and quantity data, carrying out catchment surveys, peat surveys and water resource surveys as well
- Office duties will include, but not limited to, calibration of environmental monitoring equipment, management of collected data, preparation of written technical assessments and reports during pre-construction, construction and operational phases of projects
- Effectively communicate and liaise with the team to highlight any concerns or issues on projects
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Health & Safety: All employees are required to adhere to Health & Safety Regulations and ensure best practice is met by both themselves and by their colleagues
- Conduct: All employees are required to conduct themselves in a professional manner in accordance with company values, policies and codes of conduct as outlined in the employee handbook
- Quality: All employees are expected to work within the systems, processes and procedures outlined within the department and / or company handbooks or software platforms or training manuals
- Flexibility: A reasonable degree of flexibility is required from all employees to meet the needs of the role, the department and the wider company
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to BSc level or equivalent in an environmental discipline
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role, fulfilling comparable duties and responsibilities as presented above
- Excellent interpersonal skills being able to build meaningful relationships with colleagues
- Exceptional communication skills being able to convey clear and concise information in both written and verbal format
- A self-motivated, flexible and adaptable individual
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills
- Due to the requirements of this role, candidates must hold a full drivers’ licence
- Degree educated to MSc or equivalent in a relevant environmental discipline
Natural Power is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Natural Power reserves the right to remove this vacancy at any time.
Closing date: 25th October 2020 at 12.00pm
After the closing date this job description will no longer be available on our website therefore, please retain a copy for your records.