RPS Group Plc is a FTSE listed company, headquartered in the UK and is one of the world’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancies. RPS employs over 5,500 staff based in 115 major towns and cities. With 20 years’ experience RPS provides cost-effective and practical ecological solutions for all types of development, whether terrestrial, aquatic, coastal or marine.
From resolving bat issues in individual homes to delivering all ecological surveys for large-scale complex commercial developments including Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects (NSIP), we undertake all aspects of ecological consultancy, to ensure compliance with environmental regulations and statutory requirements.
We are looking for an assistant ecologist to assist with a range of fieldwork and reporting, including GCN, reptile, dormouse, bat and badger surveys, and to assist with other tasks as appropriate (e.g. BREEAM, desk studies, literature reviews etc.)
• Educated to degree level in a relevant subject
• CIEEM membership (Graduate / Associate / Full) preferred but not essential
• Experience in carrying out a range of ecological surveys e.g. GCN, reptiles, bats, badgers;
• At least 1 year experience in the consultancy field;
• Competency with standard MS Office applications;
• Clean driving licence and current CSCS certification (though this could be provided for the right candidate).
• Survey licences (e.g. GCN);
• Ecological protected species survey capabilities;
• GIS skills.
• 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
• Option to purchase up to 5 extra annual leave days per year
• Private pension scheme
• Group disability scheme
• Life assurance
• Share incentive scheme